THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE GETTING STARTED
The design of the outdoor space around your home should reflect your tastes and accommodate your lifestyle, while at the same time respect the context and constraints of the surrounding environment.
Whether you are looking for an addition to your existing landscape or a complete landscape plan, our Earthscapes Unlimited designers will use the knowledge gained through an initial meeting with you and a careful observation of the existing conditions impacting your site to create a landscape that fits into its surrounding context and makes a statement about who you are.
If you are starting with an unimproved site with a lot of great ideas but don’t know where to start, we will work with you to arrange your ideas into a unified plan that creates a landscape that fits the site and its surroundings and is a place that you can call your own.
The design process begins with getting to know who you are.
- Are you bold and adventurous?
- Do you like quiet and tranquility?
- Do you prefer a formal or informal landscape?
- What about kids, pets, entertainment, outdoor hobbies?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Do you like gardening or working in the yard?
- What do you really want in the landscape?
- What is your budget?
We then make a detailed analysis of the existing conditions of the site.
- Where does the water go?
- What are the unique features of your site?
- How does the surrounding land use affect your site?
- Which views should be preserved or accentuated?
- Which views should be screened or altered?
- What is the solar orientation, or exposure to winds?
We take the information gained about you and the site and put it together with our knowledge of design to come up with a preliminary landscape concept.
With this plan as a point of discussion, we meet with you again and begin to refine our ideas into a final design which is unique to your site and tailored to your ideas.
Hardscape materials, plant materials, and other pertinent information will be specified so that the final plan can be used as a bidding document. We can also provide a color rendered plan and images to help you visualize what the landscape will look like.